|Title||West Street Fire Station|
|Description||West (Broad) Street Fire Station, on July 4, 1914. Men stand with equipment: combination ladder and hose truck, the "little red woodbox" (first motorized vehicle purchased by the department), and Babcock aerial ladder truck.|
|Collection||General Photograph Collection|
|Lexicon sub-category||Documentary Artifact|
|Place||Warren Co./Glens Falls|
Glens Falls Fire Department
Fires & Firefighting
Gates, William J.
Murphy, Daniel P.
Bristol, Warren G.
Belter, F. Leroy.
Left to right: Drivers William J. Gates; Assistant Chief William O. Capron, Daniel P. Murphy. Horses: Sam and Billy; Skedink and Johnny. Firemen: Warren G. Bristol, Charles Sansouci, Fred Garrow, Burton Akins standing on far side of car; F. Leroy Belter standing in front of car.
Similar photo appears p. 164 Glens Falls Firemen's Association First Annual Ball program
This photograph was originally part of the Glens Falls Insurance Company archives donated to the Chapman Museum in 1977.
|Print size||3.5 x 5.25|
|Credit line||Robert H. Morgan|